This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 SH QJs

• Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

Villain:25/17/1,6/WTSD 39/hands 240/

Preflop: i call in position

Flop: I would expect him to cbet 100% here. I am quite suspicious.He might have a Q which he wants to slowplay or small pocket pair.So i check behind hoping to get some value from pockets.

Turn: After he checks again he never has Q there. So i bet there. Not sure which type of bet is this and for what purpuse. Protection/value against Flushdraw and pockets? Highly unlikely i think. He would check fold pockets after he checked behind twice until now.So i bet and he raises. I cant fold here.He took such a weird line bluff most likely? So i just call and reevaluate river.
      River: He checks and i see myself ahead. So i bet really small hoping he will call.After he raised allin i took time bank and really thought until time was over.His line is sooooooo weird and i thought he must be bluffing me out of my hand and called.
      Should i bet 2/3 pot on river and fold if he raises?

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $26.32
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU(Hero):
      $39.07
      SB:
      $25.38
      BB:
      $8.49

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      MP2 raises to $1.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 3, Q, Q (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.35) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP2 raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($10.35) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP2 raises to $20.00(All-In), Hero calls $16.50.

Final Pot: $50.35.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      call is fine pf, you can sometimes mix it up and also 3-bet ip.
      I would bet that board, since he´d often take c/c line with 55-JJ and you can get at least 2, maybe even 3 streets of value
      b/c turn is fine, don´t thin you should get all-in there.
      When he c/rai river, then it sounds strange, since I´d expect him to bet out himself a lot of times, since you´re not really going to bluff there, since you´d bet your flushdraw on the flop and you´d take your free showdown with pp-s.
      But maybe he thinks other way.
      Anyway I´m not folding trips to that strange line and if he flopped a boat or hit his 2 outer on the turn, then I would consider it just a cooler.