This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 99 low board

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown. I'm not sure about this hand and situations like this in general - what is best with a medium overpair out of position w/o initiative? Obviously it will depend on the opponent, but vs. unknown should I check/raise flop & fold to 3bet? The problem with this is that I can't be sure villain will fold overcards as fish seem to love A-high. I could just give them credit if they call, but is trying to see a cheap showdown to maybe get reads on unknowns okay here?

Known players:    
      Hero:
      $26.25
      MP3:
      $70.28

0.15/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 6:diamond: , 7:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05.

Turn: ($6.15) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($14.15) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $14.15
  • 2 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Originally posted by saxemephone
      Villain was unknown. -> see a cheap showdown to maybe get reads on unknowns
      on this kind of dry boards
      and 1 more thing if scary card cames on river K,A,J,Q,T i prefer to block bet river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think paired boards call flop and turn is ok line and then evaluate river. If player is aggressive then you can call him down, since he is bluffing a lot.
      Donkbet with overcard on the river is interesting line. Don´t thin you ever get called by worse hands, but at least you likely won´t get bluffed and he maybe would fold for example TT of you bet out A river.
      So betting out river yourself is ok line and even then if river is blank I thin betting out yoself instead of c/c or c/f might be good play. You then can bet out 7$ instead of calling 12$- 19$ river bet.