This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A8 on A98s 4bettet (Oo)

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $51,75
      BU:
      $50,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 8:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BU raises to $5,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $14,50, BU calls $9,25.

Flop: ($29,75) 9:club: , 8:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14,50, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $29,75

Well id like to bluffinduce in 4bettet pot but, he'd either go broke anyway or cb his tt-qq i win nothing with check right ?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I don't like the 4bet at all, do you have any 3bet stats on him? If yes then give them also. Otherwise I would likely just fold after his 3bet. A8o is just too often dominated by any other Ax hand which he can likely Call.

As played
      Flop: Pretty standard CBet, we have to bet out here to protect our hand and also extract value from weaker ones.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Preflop: he has 17% 3bet
      Co vs Button needs to be balanced, if i do not play some 4bet bluffs here i have to reduce my stealing range a lot or go broke really light.
      If i 4bet bluff i think A8 is a decent hand because of the card removal, i dont except any hands that domninate me to call, that might be true for 3bet but this is a 4bettet pot.

postflop:
      Im not sure if i have to bet to extract value from weaker heands, if he did indeed call with some strong Ax he is going to bet.
      If he has a flushdraw with the pot beeing this size he is most likely going to push. Again i do not think that protection is as important asbluffinduce at this potsize, however u could legitimately ask what kind of hand he could bluff with at this spot

Anyway thanks for your analysis, is kaitz on vacation ?