This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25, Jj

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $19.71
      MP2:
      $35.96
      MP3(Hero):
      $40.14
      CO:
      $40.66
      BU:
      $25.36
      SB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 8, 8, 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.35) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($16.35) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6.00, MP2 calls $6.00.

Final Pot: $28.35.
      MP2 stats: 144 hands; VPIP-24; PFR-15; Agression-7.8

I called preflop, because MP2 had pretty low PFR and if I raise and get reraised, then I have to fold.
      As he's raising from MP2 - he could have pretty any pair, AJ+ smthg. It is also less believable that someone is going to squeeze with a marginal hand.
      So I think the best way to play here is to play for set value or way ahead/way behind if good flop.
      What do you think is the best play pre-flop for the long term here?

It is pretty good flop, so I decided to play this hand - way ahead/way behind.

Turn is a brick. Only thing I'm thinking is if my opponent has QQ+. It is possible I think, but also possible is that he could have 99, TT or even lower pair. So I decided to call again.

He checks the river. Good thing that I have a position. Now I really don't think he could still have a QQ+. That's why I try to value bet my full house, in hopes that he has that 99 or TT.

What do you think about my thinking process?
      What mistakes do I have?
      What can I do better for the long term?
      If a river is A or K, can I call another bet?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      being deep you can call ip, especially if player is nit, like 5% pfr
      Postflop you played well, not need to raise on the flop or turn and since he´d bet value for worse hands and often bluffs you can call him down
      River I´d bet more, since he is not folding boat if you bet 10-12$ instead of 6$
      If A or K comes then I´d fold, since although he would bluff sometimes, he tend to have there more AK/KQ/AQ/AJ than pure air and you can´t call him down profitable