This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL10] KK on JJ22 board

• RoyG85
      RoyG85
      Bronze
      At the moment i figured folding was better, but i have no idea what his minraise here means. Do i give up here to early? I figured if i called here, i would have no idea what i will be doing on the river whatever comes there basically so i folded to a minraise, so is this a fold/shove situation or a fold situation, and why!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $13.09
      Hero:
      $11.59

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , K:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 2:spade: , J:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.85) J:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises to $2.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.05
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can't really think of a reason to shove there really, double paired boards usually aren't spots where you'll get semibluff-raised by flushdraws on the turn. You can't protect against anything.

I could see us making the call with a read that BB can make some pretty spazzy attempt to represent stuff that hit on the turn planning on bluff-catching on most rivers, but really i don't think it's worth the trouble most of the time, he likely just has a boat already.

Hope it helps.