This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR 33 ip CO vs SB

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $58.85
      CO (Hero):
      $50.00
      BU:
      $63.05
      SB:
      $122.60
      BB:
      $45.05
      UTG1:
      $9.10
      UTG2:
      $55.00
      MP1:
      $69.45

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) K, 9, K (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($13.5) K (2 players)
      SB bets $13.50, Hero raises to $30.00

Here I raised for protection mostly (I had him on an AJ,AQ,AT QT,QJ range). And also for fold equity in case of weaker pairs than 9.

Should I just call Turn and revaluate River? or fold?
  • 4 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      He bets pot twice. Whatever he has I doubt he is willing to fold. Without stats I for one would give up on turn and wait for a better spot to stick my money in the middle.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      OK. Let's take a closer look.

We are in the Blind Wars. He donk bets me on a dry flop (K9Kr)... with what could he do that? ... A king? I doubt that. There's nothing to protect.

So I put him on a bluff... Ax. Plus, I can represent a K or a big boat... my line tells exactly that.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      On the flop, pocket pairs are a big part of his range and he tries to represent a K to some extent (hoping you don't have it). On the turn, he obviously knows that you don't have the king (because quads don't exist in poker ;) ).

He could be on a big pocket pair of his own and even if he's not, it's doubtful that he will fold TT+ or even let go of 88+. It's not about what you can respresent here; without read that he can make a good laydown here, you are just throwing away your money without the necessary fold equity.

Calling your raise a protection raise is just hilarious imo - I see pocket pairs as much bigger part of his range than the hands you mentioned. Raising on the turn simply transforms your hand into a pure bluff, which depends on fold equity you don't have.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think he is bluffing, then call him down
      he is not really going to fold any boat to your shove so I think either calldown or folding turn seems better option