This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 Nl10

• Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Gold
      Should I be 3-betting pre-flop?
      I think the flop is about as good as I can hope for without hitting a 9, the re-raise worries me a little but I can't fold an over pair just yet?

Turn and river are both bad cards for me, but his river bet looks like a bluff. Still I have to fold right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $25.33

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 3:spade: , 7:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.85) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.85) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $21.93 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28.78
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

For me it usually depends how big of a pain in the ass villain can be postflop. The more aggressive he is in position, the tougher he gets to flatcall in the blinds and confidently check/call out of position postflop. Since he looks kinda tight and he's probably playing rather straightforward, calling should be fine, planning to call a c-bet on the driest boards and mostly folding to turn bets.

I'd probably lead that flop strong, about $0.65, for a few reasons. First it's not a common c-betting board so he might check behind a lot, yet we might induce calls from weak hands by leading. Second it won't cost us more than check/calling a bet against a range who is likely kinda strong to be betting that board. And Third, i don't want to make it too small to prevent him from just randomly raising with anything, since i don't plan on calling a raise out of position against a range against which i'm either two-outing (overpairs/sets) or even money by the river (flushdraw+overs that will check back the turn).

As played i don't really like the raise/call nor raise/fold, so usually i just call and reevaluate on the turn.

As played on the river it would indeed be a good bluffing spot for him, but i just think he has the Kc. Folding is fine.

Hope it helps.