This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK, 3bet pot

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.81)
      Hero ($10.20)
      UTG ($9.73)
      UTG+1 ($14.19)
      UTG+2 ($4.75)
      MP1 ($4.46)
      MP2 ($4.75)
      CO ($32.19)
      BTN ($3.20)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, MP2 calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.35) 8:heart: 2:club: 3:club:

Hero bets $1.50, MP2 raises to $3.15 (AI), Hero folds

Shove cbet the flop?

Or even shove preflop?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think preflop is fine. Shoving or making a standard 3bet shouldn't make a huge difference since the money will most prob be going in in either case. Maybe shoving slightly better if you expect him to just call a lot.

I would shove flop. What you don't want to be doing is cbet/folding given stack sizes and pot odds.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

I think preflop is fine. Shoving or making a standard 3bet shouldn't make a huge difference since the money will most prob be going in in either case. Maybe shoving slightly better if you expect him to just call a lot.

I would shove flop. What you don't want to be doing is cbet/folding given stack sizes and pot odds.
      I agree overall. That said, against some very loose aggro players, you might sometimes be better off making a small c-bet and calling a shove for value with AK-high, or even check to let them shove overcards and crap and then call it off, again for value.

Hope it helps.