This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BRM 2% or 1%

• saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      Thanks for reading.

I have switched from playing NL to Sit'n'Go's. I just withdrew my money from Mansion and switched to Full Tilt. I deposited $190 and I am currently playing 90 plr sit'n'go's at the $3lvl. The bankroll advice i have been following is the 2% for sitngos but am not sure if the 90 plr is classified under that or is considered a MTT. I have just surpassed the $300 in my bankroll, and was wondering if it is a good idea to move up to $6 90 plr. I have played less than 30 games at the $3 lvl.
  • 9 replies
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      In the strategy it says that you use 2% for MTT's and SnG's?

I think the only one that can really answer this question however is yourself. Would you feel comfortable playing at $6 when you are relitively inexperienced at the $3 buyin?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I will give some solid BRM advice.

I play 45 man sngs and use a 200 buyin bankroll minimum.

In 45 mans swings of 20-50 buyins happen daily and 100 buyin swings can and do happen reasonably often.

I would sugest using 200 if you are feeling risky for the 90 man games

Edit:

Playing $6 90 man sngs will lose you your whole role with 90+% confidence when you only have $300
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      the recommended brm for 90ppl sn g is the one of an MTT because that is what it is. so 1%.

However you coudl do the occasional game at $6 (maybe 1 a day or 1 a week)
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      the recommended brm for 90ppl sn g is the one of an MTT because that is what it is. so 1%.

However you coudl do the occasional game at $6 (maybe 1 a day or 1 a week)
      I agree with this, the 90 man games can be quite swingy, so why take the risk? But I also agree with taking small percentage shots at the next level up, as long as you don't go OTT, play maybe 5% at the higher level to give yourself a taste.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I know Poker strategy recommends 1% but if you are honest with your self it is a pretty poor recomendation.

I cannot stress enough you WILL NEED 200 buyins atleast!

Most people ignor this advice and they will never have any success, I can garentee you that
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

that
      +1

For some one who has absolutely no experience with SnGs, much less MTT SnGs, I'd advise a 400BI rule. I play these games daily and run a blog about it so if u wanna read what the swings are like in MTT SnGs I'd advise u to check out the link in my signature.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Evenso if 200BI is what you need - you are likely saying this because like you want like 0.1% chance to bust roll. But I mean although noone can just throw away $300, but i think its obviously a bit more disposable than $3k.

This is only my opinion though - I don't want to start any arguments.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Sure if you are going to reload then you can play any stake you want play 3 $100 games, If you just want to play for fun the sure do whatever you want.

But if you want to make a profit in these games I recommend listening to the two people who play these for a living
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      I know Poker strategy recommends 1% but if you are honest with your self it is a pretty poor recomendation.

Most people ignor this advice and they will never have any success, I can garentee you that
      +1

Get nitty with BRM, it ensures you dont have to worry. When you dont have to worry you can play your A game easyer...Screw moving up limits quicker! If you beat your current stakes you'll move up soon enough, no need to rush.