This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Successful changes

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I guess it's still too early to call this a success, but in the 3 days since I got Elephant, began applying a lot of advice and stuff I've read in the forum, and went to that live coaching on Sunday, my winnings in NL2 have skyrocketed to 150BB/100h. I don't know if that's sustainable and don't have a firm basis for comparison since I didn't have elephant before, but in money terms I've made 3 to 4 times more per day than my average day before. And this has been playing 1/2 to 1/3 of the tables I was playing before, so my winnings per table are like 10 times or more then before so far. I guess we'll need to see after an entire month or so to find out if I'm not just running hot.

Changes implemented :
      - Tables reduced from 12-15 to 5-6 at a time
      - Began taking careful notes of each player and made a "fish" list
      - Look for fish I'm playing (unfortunately most seem to only play one table only, lose their money and leave)
      - Began making some selected c bets, after not making any as of late when I didn't hit anything
      - Began staying in more pots where I thought the other player was bluffing/c betting without having hit anything and/or having the best hand, instead of before where I was avoiding pots where I didn't hit anything
      - Began creating better pots for hands where I think I'm ahead

For these last two I'd like to give special thanks to the coaching last Sunday, seeing him how he played really gave me some insight about stuff I was doing wrong on cash tables
  • 4 replies