This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - FR - 77 - Set on flop, Fullhouse on River - Vs Fish ~~over 200bb pot~~

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $24.45
      CO:
      $3.65
      BU:
      $29.52
      SB (Hero):
      $53.42
      BB:
      $25.32
      UTG1:
      $34.93
      UTG2:
      $25.66
      MP1:
      $30.61
      MP2:
      $50.07

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) 5, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP2 calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.45) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, MP2 raises to $8.50, Hero raises to $23.50, MP2 calls $15.00.

River: ($52.45) 9 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $27.32, MP2 calls $23.97(All-In).

Final Pot: $103.74.

I knew he was either on a draw.. or maybe AQ or AK on the flop..

After he calls my bet.. I think he has a draw.. This fish called pot sized bets with an OESD and flushdraw a few minutes before this hand so i bet big on the turn.

I then get raised... i click my timebank because im over 200bb deep there.. and so is he.. my heart starts beating faster.. Its very scary.

I rather take it down now than getting sucked out on the river when the draw completes... so i raise a little less than POT on the turn.

I then get a fullhouse on the river ... I know i now have the best hand .. only AA beat me... i felt kinda bad that the draws didnt complete.. but was happy i got most of the money anyway.

I just go all in because he either :

folds - i get the money
      Calls - i get more money

except if he has aces... but the chances are very very small - especially on a fish.

(sorry for the wall of text but this is the first time i play a huge hand when me and my opponent have 200bb .. it was the most tense hand i have played in over 300 000 !!

Advice ?
  • 4 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      You can also c/r Flop, because the A there can make villain cbet.

only AA beat me
      If he is a fish... AA beats you, also 99 and A9.

You played the hand well, if he has you beat it's just a cooler. You must cbet/raise turn big to protect against the 2 flushdraws + potential straight draws.

Then on the river it's an easy all in with half stack & and a full house (which makes 99 in the opponents hand less probable, remaining only one combination instead of 3).
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i said only AA beat me ON THE TURN :P on the river 99 and A9 also beat me but since there are two 9 9 there on the turn and river its extremely unlikely! , i only had a small amount of money left so i put it in anyway, even if he has AA, 99 or A9

:s_cool:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I doubt he has there AA, fishes usually would raise with set when there is draw on the board
      He can have there 68, but consider he only min-raise I think you can 3-bet and call shove
      river shove is standard,nh
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Thank you :)

Final Pot: $103.74.
      Hero wins with a full-house, sevens full of nines(7 7).

woohoo :)