This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 AA

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2.09)
      MP3 ($2)
      CO ($1.95)
      Hero (Button) ($1.17)
      SB ($0.65)
      BB ($1.59)
      UTG ($2.23)
      UTG+1 ($2.41)
      MP1 ($6.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.10, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.23) 10, Q, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.69) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.84 (All-In), BB calls $0.78

River: ($2.37) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.37 | Rake: $0.15

Just need a confidence boost and people to tell me I played this right :D lol
  • 4 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      depending on how much of a fish villain is, i dunno how much i like the turn shove... all we can beat here is Tx or FD/SD...

even tho turn bet is small (which makes it feel like a weak player who has a Q, and doesn't know any other way to get your money in than a small bet), i think i prefer call turn and evaluate river...
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Ok just wanted to tell how I thought :

Villain called 5X BB so I would assume the best hand villain could is QQ or AQ. It is true that when you think about this hand I don't think I should of push, maybe I got confused by the tiny bet on the turn which made me push without really thinking. I biite like a newbie fish!

There's basically no hands I could beat exept KK or JJ or Tx as you said. I had the ace of diamond I should of realized that too.

Urg, that's why I am here to learn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's nl5, villain just looks terribad, him calling a big raise preflop doesn't mean anything except that he has a hand he finds pretty. He'll probably call that with a bunch of Qx hands especially suited, and you'll see him show up with big pairs as well sometimes just because some of them never ever raise.

On the turn I prefer to look at it his way: there is no way we're folding with about one pot-size bet left against that guy when he could very well be drawing and/or blockbet/call it off with Tx, thus we just need to maximize value against worse hands while accepting that we're sometimes in bad shape. Calling makes very little sense, I like your jam. NH.

Hope it helps.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Thank you for the advice :)