This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh, Aq Ip

• Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $27.93
      CO: $19.31
      Hero (BTN): $45.83
      SB: $12.97
      BB: $26.10
      UTG: $31.42

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q:spade: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.85, fold, Hero calls $0.85, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.05, 2 players) J:club: A:spade: 6:spade:
      MP bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.55, 2 players) 7:spade:
      MP bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($9.05, 2 players) A:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks

Villain is 18/15/1, is my line ok here? Uf, now when I review it I don't think so.

I didn't want to 3-bet cause I didn't saw him calling with worse hand then mine, and SB was kind a fishy, so I have nice hand IP.

Call on flop is maybe ok but he C-bets only 25% so it is questionable and turn is definitely questionable. I would definitely fold on blank river and not sure about spade and this river. Also I think value bet is not an option here cause I think he will check even AK there.
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop is fine against that particular player.
      3-bet would be just isolating yourself against better hands.
      On flop I'd bring in a small raise for protection mainly.
      As played: His turn bet looks weak, so I'd bring in a small raise with your 2nd nut flush draw in back.
      On river you have a clear value bet to sth. like 4,50-5,0$.
      If getting raised -> Fold.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you´re ip you can also 3-bet. I doubt he´d get too crazy with too many worse hands, so you can 3-bet fold. If there is going on 3-bet/4-bet wars then AQ is also strong enough hand to 3-bet and then shove over 4-bets
      But call is also ok
      Like how you played flop and turn. if you raise likely not too many worse hands would b/c there or bet/shove
      As played: valuebet river, you have the best hand most of the times and he´d call you down with worse Ax hands