This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] JJ in 3B pot Flop no over card

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Ok here are 2 hands I have played with JJ in a 3B pot with 3 lower cards on the flop 2 of them suited.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $20.95
      MP3:
      $3.60
      CO:
      $23.23
      BU (Hero):
      $20.37
      SB:
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB folds, BB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.60.

Flop: ($4.5) 5, 6, T (2 players)
      BB bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20.

Turn: ($10.9) K (2 players)
      BB bets $8.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.9.

Villain is VP:24/PR:19/AFq:40 over 20 hands.

When reviewing this hand myself I came to the conclusion that I should have raised the flop to 8.50 because I need to protect against FD and AQ,QK,AK.
      If I raise and get reraise I fold (probably against QQ+ then).

This made sense to me and still does.

Then I played the following hand

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.83
      BU:
      $20.00
      SB:
      $15.56
      BB:
      $22.51
      MP2 (Hero):
      $20.00
      MP3:
      $13.70

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.80, 3 folds, SB raises to $2.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.2) 9, 6, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.20, Hero raises to $18.00(All-In), SB calls $9.36.

Turn: ($35.76) 8 (2 players)

River: ($35.76) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $35.76.

Villain is unknown.

Here again I am facing a donk bet on the flop.
      But this time a pot bet and villain has only a midstack so if I raise i have to raise to lets say 10 and then I am comitted so I decided to shove directly.
      Eventhough I don't really like it since I can be against QQ+ (especially since villain is showing stregth by 3B a UTG raise.

The other question also is should I 4 B (fold to 5B) in these situiations. (I think I should have in the first hands since villain is probably 3Betting light to defend his blinds and not 4B in the second because I am UTG aggressor so villain shows stregth)
      Any thoughts on these 2 similar hands?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) I also like raising flop since you very often have the best hand and he would shove there with worse draws and made hands
      2) I don´t like shove, since this way he can´t really shove himself with his draws or maybe want to fold smt like 55. It is always nice to keep some bluffs that board so I´d prefer smaller raise size
      If you should 4-bet/and get all-in with JJ pf depends a lot of the game flow, how often villain 3-bets you and if he would 3-bet/shove smt like TT. I think against aggressive opponents getting all-in JJ pf can be very standard play if you don´t want to play postflop
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      On the 4B light with JJ inthe hand #1, can we fold if he shoves?

hand#2 you raise smaller but would call a shove right?
      It kind of sucks to shove (either now or calling his shove) because Villain shows stregth by 3B a UTG raise? What ya think?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      On the 4B light with JJ inthe hand #1, can we fold if he shoves?

hand#2 you raise smaller but would call a shove right?
      It kind of sucks to shove (either now or calling his shove) because Villain shows stregth by 3B a UTG raise? What ya think?
      BU vs BB I think he can shove there lighter than QQ+/AK, so I´d 4-bet/call there with JJ

Once we raise overpair small on that board we have to call shove.
      I think his range is enough draws and worse one pair hands than JJ. If you think he is not 3-betting you light then you can always just call flop and then fold to turn barrel