This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Holdem Manager Failed To Establish a Connection to 127.0.0.1

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hello,

Today I booted up my computer and HM only to recieve the message that gave us so many problems in ~February. Being that I had recieved this problem before I did what I previously did and went to fill in the line in the host file.

Unfortunately this file was already correct so I did the next thing and came onto the forums for an answer, to which there was none.

So I continued by reinstalling PostgreSQL. No avail. Reinstalled HM with the most updated version, this did not work as well. I went to my System and tried to manually start PostgreSQL. I recieved this "new" error when I tried to start up PostgreSQL manually.
      "Error 1053 : The Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner"

Oddly enough when i go to my system logs I have no log of an error.

At this point I'm completely confused. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit. I have not updated the system since the last time it ran properly. I use McAfee anitivirus. I have tried to start with or without the firewall on, doesn't effect anything.

Please help, I'd like to play some poker.
  • 3 replies