This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: AQo vs squeeze, deep stacks

• Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO (Hero):
      $23.55
      BU:
      $11.21
      SB:
      $18.57
      BB:
      $5.60

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB raises to $1.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.20, BU calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.6) 4, A, 7 (3 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, BU folds.

Turn: ($11.6) A (2 players)
      SB bets $13.57, Hero calls $13.57.

River: ($38.74) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $38.74.

Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands)
      BU - 26/16/0.3/58
      SB - 18/15/13.0/212, 3.6% 3bet

Hi,

After a month spent playing Civilization, I'm back to poker :) Things are not going too well so far, today was a good day until this hand happened

Preflop: I don't know what to do here. His 3bet value is very low, but the situation is good for a squeeze. Do you think he must have a strong hand here? Should I fold? Should I 4bet? Didn't want to 4bet because we were deep, although maybe 4bet/fold was the best option

Flop: No need to protect, so decided to call and re-evaluate

Turn: Can I find a fold here? He showed lots of strength, but I guess he would play AJ, KK, QQ the same way. Maybe even TT and AT

Any opinions welcome :)

Thanks
      Yuri
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I don't think many NL10 players understand what a squeeze is but this player looks TAGish so we will give him the benefit of the doubt I guess ;)

Calling the "squeeze" IP if fine IMO. WE keep his range wide.

There can pros and cons of just calling flop. Like u said we don't need to protect against much but I usually only do this HU because here we don't have ultimate position.

As played I can't fold either. His AF is 13.0 which is maniac style so could be getting funky with Ax, KK, QQ, JJ, TT

NH IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also discovered civilization but decided to delete it (at first my desktop screen), since it is really destroying my poker game :D
      Anyway: I think I´d also call pf
      He likely isn´t going to overbet shove AJ/AT or KK-TT so it is either AK or maybe some kind of draw
      I think if you don´t have reason to expect player is overbet shoving there too light I´d likely just fold since you´re seeing AK a lot of times
      Flop call seems fine. no need really do build pot deep and then have no idea what to do if he shoves