This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Small flush on paired board (again)

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $6.39
      MP2:
      $11.84
      MP3:
      $5.12
      CO:
      $3.33
      BU (Hero):
      $5.00
      SB:
      $3.47
      BB:
      $6.77
      UTG2:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 8.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.5) 2, 3, J (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, CO folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.3) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.15, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.3.

That was exactly the card i didnt want to see. I think he either turned a boat or possibly better flush.
  • 3 replies
    • Smashie
      Smashie
      Bronze
      might as well be top pair or overpair. I'd raise/shove
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd check back flop and try to hit my outs because I would hate getting raised in that spot as we are behind of his c/r range and stacks are awkward - we are calling flop and he is going to shove a lot of turns and unimproved turn would leave us with broken heart.
      As played I think you can shove. Calling is an option, but I think he may have enough Td-KdJx in his range, so 4th diamond can kill your hand. You are stacking off against FH/better flush anyway, but I'd wouldn't let him catch his backdoor if he has single 3x/Jx with big diamond.

Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer betting flop, if they don´t have anything, you can take pot down with 9 high which usually is quite good result
      I would shove turn, his c/r range is very often worse hands than just sets or bigger flushdraws