This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 UTG1 with TT

• nuxia
      nuxia
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3
      MP1:
      $3.04

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T:diamond: , T:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.16, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.35) 9:club: , 5:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP1 raises to $1.00, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.87

I had no idea if I should have shoved after his reraise or folded...
      Decided to take the safe route, maybe he had a better overpair.
      What should I have done here?

Thanks in advance :)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think safe line is to c/c flop and then decide on the turn if you want to c/rai or c/f. Since player looks very aggressive I also don´t mind if you lead flop and then shove over his raise, since he can do that with draws, bluffs, hands like A9 for value. But if you don´t want to play that spot for stacks then c/c flop is better option
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Ugly spot, you played it ok, I don't think you want to stack off there ever, I think he always has a v strong hand. Min3b looks fishy, its kinda hard without reads vs unknown I think bet fold is ok there. If you were gonna stack off there you may aswell have 4b pre, which is generally -EV.

C/c flop is also ok, because you get to setmine 1 more card, and you are likely to pay a similar price, the only problem here is that you know less about your opponents hand and when you check turn he likely fires again at which point i think you are folding like always, which sucks if he has AK or something.

I don't think he turns up with A9 here ever, min 3b is like never A9 unless he is some crazy drunk spew fish.