This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ donk raises

• nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.11)
      BB ($44.80)
      UTG ($18.52)
      UTG+1 ($20.01)
      CO ($7.75)
      Hero ($24.85)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 2:spade: 3:spade: 5:spade:

BB checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, CO calls $0.60

TURN ($2.85) 2:spade: 3:spade: 5:spade: J:heart:

CO bets $0.20, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.30

RIVER ($5.85) 2:spade: 3:spade: 5:spade: J:heart: 4:diamond:

CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Unknown.

Veriz often says: raise bigger. True again? Should i raise all streets bigger because this small donk just looks like blockbet?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

There are specific situations where you just have to raise bigger because you have to protect and this is one of the spots, you are against a bad player and you have to protect against him. He also does have a 70BB stack so I could even consider going broke here.

Flop: I would likely raise at least $1.50 here.

As played
      Turn: Still raise bigger, ~$3. Such small bets very often indicate to a weak hand or either some people like to blockbet as you said with flushdraws there.
      River: Here you can likely Call because I don't really expect him to Call your raise again unless he is very fishy what actually seems to be the case but I don't mind just Calling there. Just curious, what did he have then. :f_biggrin:

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      He had AsJd and i was thinking he has something like that. If river would be like 8d or something like that i would raise it again but now i felt he has enough A in his range.

It's sometimes sad to see spots i missed during the play and i clearly see them when i look at hand afterwards. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      He had AsJd and i was thinking he has something like that. If river would be like 8d or something like that i would raise it again but now i felt he has enough A in his range.

It's sometimes sad to see spots i missed during the play and i clearly see them when i look at hand afterwards. :)
      Yep, if you would have raised bigger, you could easily be all-in by river. But don't worry about that, at least you won, that's the most important.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      He won, he had wheel he hit on river. But at least i got his cards pretty close so that's nice. :) Thanks once more!