This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Qq Nl5

• brazyd
      brazyd
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,96
      Hero:
      $5,07

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BU folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,45) T:heart: , 8:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,85) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

River: ($1,25) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $2,25

When reviewing this hand I started to doubt my play. I think I should have folded this one, correct? ( due to the straight )
  • 2 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'd raise the flop to $0.85 for value.
      As played I'd raise the turn to $1.15 for value.
      As played I'd call the river since we're beating most 2pairs and his line looks like a busted draw or 1pair hand a lot.
      Additionally we get great odds - he needs to be bluffing less than 25% of the time to make the call +EV.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      We can assume from the small blind's stack size that he is not a regular. His bet on the flop can indicate a wide variety of hands, but most likely is a pair and a gutshot straight draw or maybe a flush draw. He could obviously have also hit two pair or a set or top pair but i'd be inclined to believe he's less likely to lead out with these hands as he'd want to let you cbet with such a strong hand. I'd raise the flop to charge him to draw. 65 cents more would be fine, giving him 2-1 odds. If he shoves or something crazy it's probably fine to go broke because fish can push top pairs or flush draws here alot.

As played, the second 6 is not a bad card for us because it conterfeits his two pair hands. I'd raise turn here to yet again charge him to draw.

Once the 9 hits on the end of course we aren't happy because any seven beats us. However, we are being laid 2.5-1 odds so we only need to be ahead 29% of the time in order to call. I think fish will bet two pair or top pair or busted flush draw enough here for us to call.