This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA all in pre flop

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.85
      CO:
      $5

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.02.
      5 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, CO raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.85 (All-In), CO calls $2.31.

Flop: ($5.79) A:spade: , 8:heart: , 2:club:
      Turn: ($5.79) 6:heart:
      River: ($5.79) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.79

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Ah 4c)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, aces (Ad Ac)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, aces (Ad Ac)

--- I don't think I did anything wrong here but I thought it was worth posting as I was unsure if I made standard play here by constantly re-raising until we were both all in - is there a point where I should have flat called and waited for the flop to bet more?

Also, what do you guys think about my 2x BB raise there? I would normally raise to 4x BB but CO had just posted BB (just joined the table) and I figured he was likely to fold to a regular sized raise.
  • 2 replies