This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] T9s as MP3 vs BB

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Played correctly or bet flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7,3
      Hero:
      $5,75

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , 9:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, 3 folds, BB calls $0,12

Flop: ($0,36) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,36) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,15, BB calls $0,15.

River: ($0,66) Q:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and tens (Th 9h)
      BB shows (4s 4d)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and tens (Th 9h)
  • 3 replies
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Preflop: In BU I might consider a blind-steal with this, but in MP I would never raise with this hand, if there are other limpers you could limp in, otherwise I'd just fold.

Flop: You're in position here so you should bet out, I'd say about half the pot, $0.18.

Turn: He isn't likely to check with a queen on the flop so I'd make a second bet here.

River: If he suddenly bet out large here I'd consider folding, but otherwise I'd made a 3/4 pot size bet.
    • LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      Preflop is good, T9s is okay OR hand in Hijack.Flop we have a standart Cbet, as the guy mentioned above around 2\3.On the turn tho i dont agree with the opinion above, basicly we can't have 3 streets of value with that hand(if we 3 barrel i dont see how he will fold a queen also).Flop he can often c\c TP, some PP that plan to play c\f turn and OESD.Given that i would.Given that i will often check behind turn and depending on the river will decide should i have a valuebet.On that river i will bet around halfpot, he might find a call here with a PP(99,88 etc).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Preflop: If you think your postflop skill is good enough to play such hands perfectly then why not to open-raise but although I wouldn't recommend for the beginning. I'd prefer to have it at late position.

As played
      Flop: As I was the PFA, I'd just CBet here, sometimes even for value.

As played if flop was Checked behind
      Turn: At least bet here for value, we often have the best hand here, since he wouldn't Check 2times with stronger hand.
      River: Might even consider betting here smallish for value to get Called by smaller PPs, ~$0.20.

Best regards.