This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Did i do anythign wrong?

• magikziggy
      magikziggy
      Bronze
      Hi im new here and im not sure if this is the right place to put this question sorry if it isnt :)

Just before i joined this system i was playing on an un-affiliated sites ml. We were in the money (it was a 5k gtd) and out of 600 there was about 30 left (i think top60 got 2 money).

I was in the late pos (1 before small blind) and had ak off suite. Had slightly about average stack (about 120,000 chips). To play it was 6000 so i raised to 24k (every1 else had already folded) and the sb called.

Flop was a clubs, 9 diamonds, and ace of diamonds.

I check after a 5 sec period and the sb immieidaitly goes allin. He/she has about 200k in chips. I call. He/she was lurking with 9,9. I lost. Any tips/advice on this sort of scenario? :)

Thanks in advance and sorry if its in the wrong place :)
  • 3 replies
    • Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      My suggestion is: Dont call all-in with trash hand.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi magikziggy!

You were on the button, right? How could you check and the SB act behind you before the turn card appeared? That's impossible. Concerning the hand: If the board was A, 9, A (hope I understood that correctly) there is no point of folding your AK here. If he had 99: so be it.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mashadar
      Mashadar
      Bronze
      lol, the story doesn't really fit together indeed.

as for the 3oak, the all-in call was ok, ofcourse. sb calling your late position raise doesn't indicate any real strength, since your raise could have initially been a steal raise, his hand range grows.