This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] three 9s

• wiselogo7
      wiselogo7
      Bronze
      £0.05/£0.10 No Limit Holdem

Stacks:
      UTG Shalom2112 (£1.65)
      UTG+1 durrrdizzle (£20.52)
      CO exshark (£21.15)
      BTN kojack1968 (£4.70)
      SB Hero (£4.99)
      BB sunnata (£13.30)

Pre-Flop: (£0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB A:heart: 9:heart:
      2 folds, exshark raises to £0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls £0.35, 1 fold

Flop: 9:diamond: 2:diamond: 3:heart: (£0.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets £0.10, exshark raises to £0.70, Hero calls £0.60

Turn: 9:club: (£2.30, 2 players)
      Hero bets £0.40, exshark raises to £2.10, Hero goes all-in £3.89, exshark calls £1.79

River: 4:heart: (£10.08, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: £10.08
      Hero shows
      A:heart: 9:heart:
      exshark shows
      3:spade: 3:diamond:

Hi,
      i had just joined the table. I saw the top pair on the flop. I had the top pair with Ace kicker. Hence I bet.
      Vilan comes up with a huge raise. I thought, He cannot be having any more 9s, any other pair would make mine a stronger hand and hence i go all in.

Vilan comes up with pair of 3 and wins with a full house. Did I play the hand wrong or was it a bad beat?
  • 2 replies
    • sakkab90
      sakkab90
      Bronze
      Hello!
      Why are you playing only 50BB deep? You should play with full.
      Axs OOP is not a very good hand preflop, you will get dominated a lot, and you cant play really good these hands. You will get in situations like this a lot. I'd just fold pre.
      On flop the donk is really small, something like 0,65 would be much better.
      Turn is standard, broke with this hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wiselogo7,

If we are playing BSS, then add to full stack, therefore $10.

Preflop: We can't really make the Call with such hand OOP profitable, therefore I'd just fold it. Also the Ace is often dominated by a better Ax.

As played
      Flop: I'd definitely bet it bigger here, ~$0,70, as played I'd just fold to the raise, he may easily have a bigger OP which he is raising here, rarely raises us with just weaker 9x.

As played if flop was Bet/Called
      Turn: Also bet it a lot bigger, ~$1,80 and likely go broke, he could have some kind of OPs here also, which we beat and we don't have much left anyways.

Best regards.