This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [FR] NL25. QQ oop.

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      both opponents are fishy. that MP player posted blind in early position.
      Thoughts? :)

$0.10/$0.25 Ante $0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      7 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($43.32)
      Hero ($33.45)
      MP ($51.54)
      CO ($65.12)
      BTN ($25)
      SB ($86.42)
      BB ($44.84)

Pre-Flop: ($0.95, 7 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      [MP posts $0.25]
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.30, MP calls $1.05, 2 folds, SB calls $1.20, 1 fold

Flop: 8:heart: 10:heart: J:heart: ($4.50, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: 4:club: ($4.50, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, MP calls $3, SB folds

River: 9:spade: ($10.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP folds

Final Pot: $15

Hero wins $14.49 (net +$5.64)

SB lost $1.35
      MP lost $4.35
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What's your plan on the flop? Ck/call vs MP?

Why not cbet that flop? I can see plenty worse that can call us.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      not really worst thing to try keep pot small and let him barrel/bluff with worse hands, since there are a lot worse cards that come and if it goes bet and raise you can get away your hand cheaply.
      betting turn and river for value is fine. I might bet river even 3$, since it is hard worse hands to call and he may try to bluff you out if you make small blocking bet
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Ty :)
      @Bogdan: If i would be IP I would consider a bet here very often, but since I'm oop and flop is veery drawy + I'm against 2opponents so either SB raises me-I fold or MP raises-i fold. if at least one of them call and turn :heart: I must give up it. + there are many hands in his range that hit this board/or have alot equity to win @sd. Like kaitz i prefer to keep pot small in this sitoation cos there are not many weaker hands that will pay me off ever.. There are soo many arguments not to bet :)

Best regards :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Sure, there's many hands that have equity versus us, but we are trapped between 2 players.

If we check we do keep the pot small but also give another free card to our opponents and potentially give up on the pot and with our hand it would be a shame (given we have the best hand here so often).

If you were OOP to both opponents I can see a merit in checking and giving up or hoping to get to SD but we are only OOP to one of them. But I agree it's a close spot either way.