This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A2 4bet pot

• LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.25
      BB:
      $20.10
      MP2:
      $11.48
      MP3:
      $9.12
      CO (Hero):
      $17.12
      BU:
      $18.40

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $1.80.

Flop: ($6.05) 4, A, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6.05) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.02, Hero calls $3.02.

River: ($12.09) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12.09.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and fours(2 A).
      BB shows a pair of fours(Q K).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and fours(2 A).

Villain is weak loose agro player, which I expect to 3bet me with all kind of suited connectors and broadway, as well 1, 2 gapers, and I have alot of fold equity against him.After he calls I gave him a relativley normal range for such a player-TT+,AJ+.I expect him to donk the turn with his entire calling range preflop.The question is what to do on the river.I was thinking of 3 options there:
      1)I valuebet small, to get called by TT,QQ,KK(and his line looks alot like QQ)
      2)I shove the river-I expect him to fold 100% with this line-exept JJ, but I think he will bet the river with that hand-I have FE vs AJ+ that beats me.
      3)I check-I have SD Value.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LSFC4ever,

Preflop: If you know that he is 3betting that much then I wont even open-raise with such hand from CO, I'd just fold it. As played I guess I still don't like the 4bet there unless we really know him better. Stats and so on would be useful here.

As played
      Postflop: Any Ax beats us, although I don't really think that he would play his TPs like that, he would at least value-bet it at river. So therefore you can bet on river like $5, although Checking behind and taking a look at his hand is as well considerable. Oh and I like the Check behind on flop to induce bluffs. :)

Best regards.