This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKo

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $19.78
      UTG: $2.00
      MP: $11.36
      CO: $3.23
      BTN: $9.31
      Hero (SB): $4.83

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:heart: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, UTG raises to $2.00 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($4.20, 2 players) T:heart: 3:diamond: J:diamond:

Turn: ($4.20, 2 players) T:spade:

River: ($4.20, 2 players) 8:heart:

So I think that in this situation I have to call because my call was well-founded. If UTG had got AA or KK, it would be unlucky situation but when UTG held lower pairs than KK my equity to win this hand would be 44%. After my RR preflop, UTG pushed all chips to pot so I had to add 1.30$ to fight for 4.2$. It was 30%. So it was easy call. Is it correct?
      Even if UTG held AA or KK, was it profitable call?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Either the question is if to 3bet at all here, I might even sometimes just Call and play postflop against them. The problem with 3betting is that UTG will most likely just fold a lot worse hands and 4bet-shove with better ones, against which we might not get that great equity. But as you decided to 3bet then there is not much you can do.

Best regards.