This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ - Calling 3bet!?

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Firstly, srry but for some reason I could not get this hand converted. I kept getting an error:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.81)
      BB ($1.58)
      UTG ($5.47)
      Hero ($2.07)
      UTG+2 ($15.84)
      MP1 ($5.02)
      MP2 ($4.84)
      CO ($8.94)
      BTN ($7.62)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.52) 8:spade: 7:diamond: 9:heart:

BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

TURN ($0.82) 8:spade: 7:diamond: 9:heart: A:heart:

BB bets $0.25, Hero folds

BB wins $0.77

What I was thinking:

Preflop JJ is a clear open raise. When BB min 3bets I call because I thought I am getting 4.5:1 potodds and about 16:1 implied odds so setmining is clearly on.

On the Flop I have a gutshot and overpair. I did not believe that Villian hit the flop as I put him on the following range : QQ+ and AK or Possibly AQs. Villian makes another small c-bet. I believed I had to much equity to fold. I believed that should I raise then I would isolate myself agains the stronger part of his range because he would ship QQ+ and fold the rest. So I called.

On the turn: With the Ace comming I believed I am behind his whole range and I did not think I could bluff him off so I fold.

Badly played?
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey mineriva,

Calling preflop when getting minraised is fine.

On the flop I would definitely raise his small c-bet. You have an overpair and a GS, which would be enough for me to go broke here. I don't think his range will be JJ+/AK only. That range would be a range of some good player, but good player will never just minraise you preflop therefore I believe his range will be quite wider.

If you think his range really is very tight then I like postflop as played.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Ty burek2000.

The reason why I give him credit is because in my experience on the micros a fish will open minraise with junk (to avoid calling a raise) but a fish making a min 3 bet means he wants action == big hand.

dont know if other people agree
    • biogas
      biogas
      Silver
      Originally posted by mineriva
      Ty burek2000.

The reason why I give him credit is because in my experience on the micros a fish will open minraise with junk (to avoid calling a raise) but a fish making a min 3 bet means he wants action == big hand.

dont know if other people agree
      Cant agree more with the 3bet part. Min 3bet ussually KK+.