This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

21 Years Old and Starting the Grind

• NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      So I introduced myself in the other part of the forum...I'm 21 this wednesday and have decided to make this my job (im a student too) as getting a job in the recession is near impossible with the hours i have to put in at uni.

I'm therefore treating poker like a job from now on. Putting in the hours, staying disciplined and setting achieveable targets to spur myself on.

I'm playing at Cake poker (not a lot of action but I don't mind the site.)

I had around 5 hours today with my $50 and I've turned that into $53.40. Not the biggest profit and I think I was also lucky to come away with that as I didn't religiously stick to the rules I set myself, but never the less it is a profit!

By the end of April. I want to have atleast $100 in my cake poker account.

Conclusion: 1st day in profit by £3.40
  • 3 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      sounds like me last year couldnt get a job anywhere so i said f it ima be a degenerate gl
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      quite possibly the first chapter in a huge success story. good luck! :s_grin:
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Okay so Day 2 of my poker career was a very interesting one...full of ups and downs. I've finished day 2 on $53.84, so in total a $3.84 profit in two days. But hey...a profit is a profit.

I have mixed feelings though...at one point I was at $62 (a $5 bonus came into play) but then a mixture of very loose play (playing 55/66/AQ) and also horrible beats AK vs A4 ran AK744 for a large amount...and that took me to about $48.

I took a break and came back with a level head, I'm still in profit overall but I know i have a long way to go to perfecting the SSS.

Tommorows goals are to be more disciplined. Know when to take a break. Know when to leave a table or swtich to big stack strat. And to break the $60 mark.

APRIL TARGET IS STILL £100!