This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25; QQ 4handed

Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $120.48
      BB:
      $63.89
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU (Hero):
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) A, 2, T (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $4.00, BB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($10.25) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50.

River: ($23.25) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $23.25, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $23.25.

The opponents: not too many reads on them yet. Generally may be classified as loose, somewhat aggressive.
      Preflop: Standard play
      Flop: not sure whether to cbet or not. On one side, I may get value out of JJ and sometimes smaller pockets or a T, and it might be wise to protect against unwanted two-outers on later streets. Then again, I'm playing a 3handed pot and someone is likely to have an A, sometimes a set of Ts or 2s, therefore, perhaps pot control should be the priority. After the reraise I decided to call because I did not want to be pushed around by the aggressive player, I had position and the reraise was not that big. Perhaps a mistake, but I am not sure.
      Turn: fold might be the better option, but I still felt attached to the hand because the opponent has shown aggression in the past. This is quite likely a mistake on my side.
      River: the bet is too big and I fold.
  • 2 replies
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      One of the 2 players has an ace or better.
      No need to cbet on flop, no draws at all. If u cbet, it is to take down the pot. ut there isn't much value here.

You can better check and try to get some value on later streets or just get to showdown.

Emma.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!

Cbet is ok probplably, but i like here more check back, because there is no draws out and only one over ( K ) is what may make your hand weaker.
      You are way ahead or way behind and i dont see reason to protect here.

1)You dont have nuts
      2)You draw 2outs to nuts - ~4% per street

So overall you dont want to play big pot, so dont make it big.
      Its 3way, my standard line is here:
      1)cbet flop when i have some reads/plan
      2)give up - and i like this one way more

NL25 players are overall so bad, that play only for value, they make so much mistakes and pay you off.