This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2nd in Players Only $500 Freeroll

• pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Since I don't have anything to do today, I set an alarm to play the Players Only $500 first depositors freeroll last night (start time 4.30am !)

Started ok, playing tight and picking up a few pots here and there, but the blinds quickly caught up with me and by the time we hit the money (20 out of 106) I was 19th in chips with 2500 and blind 300/600.

First hand after the bubble burst I picked up A6s vs KJ and doubled up. Very next hand I doubled up again 88 vs JQ. Suddenly I've a 12k stack and I'm 4th in chips.

The last hand before the final table I got it all in again with JJ vs ATs and doubled up a third time to go to the final table as the chip leader.

Managed to play my way to heads up but lost with 55 vs A4s when he hit a flush on the turn...pretty sick I couldn't manage to ship it after my comeback, but $100 is pretty good for 2.5hours work :)
  • 2 replies