This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL- 2 - AQo from SB

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

this is a spot which causes continuous problems for me. Playing AQ from the blinds against a raise from an unknown. I think, against unknown, this hand is playable with a call, but I don't know what to do on flops like this. I'm sure my preflop call is -EV if I play fit or fold. The flop is not very scary and he might c-bet his whole range on it. Maybe call and reevaluate on the turn?

PS. In the next 12 hands, he played 50/42 with 5 AF, so if I had this info at the time of this hand, I'd 3bet preflop.

Thank you and best wishes!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $2.30
      UTG2:
      $2.13
      MP1:
      $2.07
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $3.29
      CO:
      $3.98
      BU:
      $0.72
      SB (Hero):
      $2.07
      BB:
      $2.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) 2, 3, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.07, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.14.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

If he is rather loose player then I wouldn't really try anything fancy. But that's true that usually against those kind of CBet sizes on such boards I'd be inclined to Check/Raise it. But of course likely just folding is safer.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

Yes, folding is the safest option, this is the reason why I c/f the flop. On the other hand, recently I thought about changing my playing style in these spots (calling a preflop raise with AK, AQ or small PP). I seriously doubt I can play profitable poker if I fit or fold all the time in these situations.

What do you think, can be fit or fold profitable on NL 2 or do I have to take advantage of similar situations with c/r-ing such flops?

Best wishes!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      At some spots fit/Fold it is still too weak.