This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 99 (river -> straight on the table 7 high)

• fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0,78
      Hero:
      $1,19
      BU:
      $1,82

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, 3 folds, BU calls $0,06, SB folds, BB calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,19) 7:diamond: , 6:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,16, BU calls $0,16, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,51) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,3, BU calls $0,30.

River: ($1,11) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,1, Hero calls $0,10.

Final Pot: $1,31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (9h 9s)
      BU shows a straight, eight high (8h 8d)

BU wins with a straight, eight high (8h 8d)

Ok so I think I just got unlucky on the river. But anyway, when the straight finally appeared on the table, I knew the 0,10 cent raise was a value bet. I just knew for sure. And the only thing he could have had was an 8. I thought he might have had A8o or something. But well, I'm so new to this thing, I just HAD to see if it was a value bet.

Because if he wanted to bluff me out 0,10 would have been way too low for that for a pot of $1,11.

And perhaps the raise on the turn was a little... dangerous to begin with.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello!

On the Turn I would indeed bet a bit bigger like $.4. Then this river is shitty but I still bet/fold because you can't check/call really profitable and you might fold out a split which is good because then you have 100% of the pot :P

Best regards,
      Gerv