This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

question about the SH chart

• gergo84
      gergo84
      Bronze
      Let's see what to do with 22 or 33?
      a) two limpers before me: fold
      b) 1 raise & 1 call: call!

Why? I think in case b) I am probably in a worse situation, because:
      - my opponents hold better hands
      - I payed double price for my possible set, and I don't think that the action before me guaranties doubled winning

So, what's the reason behind the call in case b) ?
  • 5 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Good point, never thought about that. Actually I think I turbomuck 22-66 in raise+call situations as I don't see them as good hands.

Looking forward to the answer to this.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      good question ^^
      the only thing i can imagine is that the chances to get a nice payout when you hit your set are better in b) because your opponent seem to have a better hand like an overpair or something...

nevertheless it doesn´tmake much sence to me :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I'll forward it but I think frzl is correct.
    • macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      good question ^^
      the only thing i can imagine is that the chances to get a nice payout when you hit your set are better in b) because your opponent seem to have a better hand like an overpair or something...

I think that is spot on it happened to me today. Called the raise like outlined ended up 4 bet but once i was in i was in lol. Anyway flopped a set no 4 bet flop, 4 bet turn and 1 bet river (no flush or straight possible) lucky for me though AQ2 was the flop so much action!
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      good question ^^

This should be the correct answer. :)