This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Jj

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.92
      Hero:
      $2.17
      MP3:
      $1.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.24, 2 folds, SB calls $0.23, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.74) 8:club: , 7:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, MP3 raises to $1.74 (All-In), 2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.84

I'm completely lost on this one. I'm sure that 4bet preflop isn't right. MP3 is kinda tight. Should i fold jacks to his 3bet?

I called.I have an overpair on the flop. I decided to donk, to know where i stand. I think my fold is good on the flop, because i can't see that he do that with worse hands like 99, TT or even AK...

But what play would be optimal with jacks here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

The problem here is that vs such a nitty range we most likely are behind and not a huge fan of even donking the flop. I would rather Check it and be happy if I see a free card which will just tell us that we are behind. If he is betting then most likely we are also behind since I don't expect him to bet anyways into multiway pot without a made hand. But as played nothing much to add, I don't think that you beat much.

Best regards.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Ok, but preflop call was fine?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by staktas
      Ok, but preflop call was fine?
      We are getting ~15:1 so shouldn't be a huge problem. In 3bet pot we can make such calls.