This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

deetee7101

• deetee7101
      deetee7101
      Bronze
      Hi Guys / Gals,

I’ve been a member of Pokerstrategy for some time now but until now have never really been active on the forum. I live in the UK and am slowly approaching 40, so probably a bit on the old side for taking up poker these days!

I’ve always enjoyed online gaming, starting back in the days of Quake II. I played WOW for over 4 years before deciding to retire and try and use the time I was wasting to earn some extra cash playing poker. I am really enjoying my time at the tables and want to learn as much as I can. I find it hard sometimes to put serious time into study due to real life commitments (wife, kids, job etc!!), so decided to give this a go to see if it would add some structure to my study and provide me with some feedback that should keep me interested.

I prefer playing cash tables to tournaments and can normally be found playing 0.02/0.05 on Stars. I’m quite proud of my graph at the moment, but still believe there is massive room for improvement to my game, which gets me a bit excited if I’m honest! I started with around $10 dollars as I never received my starting capital from Pokerstrategy and have managed to get that up to $240. A small amount of money but everyone starts off small I guess!!

Thanks,

Dave
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deetee7101,

Why do you think it's too old? We have plenty of those aged players. And 40 ain't old at all. :) Poker is a good hobby for a lot different aged players.

Hehe, I used to play Quake II as well. :) One of the greatest games ever made with all the possibilities had. No game ever is made like it. No game ever even had such a jumping system and different methods to move faster and stuff. Guess you know what I am talking about.

Welcome and Best of Luck in the course!