This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 AA play after flop

• arvyzalo
      arvyzalo
      Bronze
      Hello I am posting a interesting hand for me. How should I play this hand after clubby flop, when I have a top pair for sure, and a nut flush draw.
      I know that I played this hand like a complete fish, that's why I am asking for a friendly advice

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      BBvsSteal	WTS	W$SD	ORL
      RaisePreflop	hands	AF	vp$ip

MP3 (2,12):
      100	33	100	0
      10	39	-	10

CO (2,61):
      0	44	25	50
      8	40	1.6	25

BU (4,14)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,12, CO calls $0,12, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, CO calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,98) T:club: , 7:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,7, CO calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,38) 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2,27, CO calls $1,51 (All-In).

River: ($6,16) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6,16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a flush, king high (Kc Jc)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ad Ac)

CO wins with a flush, king high (Kc Jc)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello arvyzalo,

Well, he made just a huge mistake by Calling preflop. Your play is totally standard with the nutFD+overpair. He may easily have himself a lot of overpairs which we beat. Nice hand! Don't be result oriented.

Best regards.
    • arvyzalo
      arvyzalo
      Bronze
      Don't be result orientated means "damn this was such a sick badbeat" in nice language? :) Thank you for analysis, hand evaluations really helps me to improve my play :)
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I would imagine so, if you were to change your play there it wouldn't be a good idea long term.

You will be favorite against his range of possible hands here, you play it this way enough times and it will be profitable for you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by arvyzalo
      Don't be result orientated means "damn this was such a sick badbeat" in nice language? :) Thank you for analysis, hand evaluations really helps me to improve my play :)
      Something similar. But often people let tilt by that beat and destroy their A-game. :(
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      Don't you guys consider checking behind on turn? I would probably go broke here if i were OOP. His check/call on the flop meant he had something (KKc, QQc, TT, or a sick flush). Really, we are only getting value from QQ and KK here(they might even fold if they don't have the club). I would probably check turn and bet river, or call a bet on river. I would consider folding the river if he decides to shove.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      you could raise a little more pre flop you have a raiser and a caller

3xraiser + 1raise you could raiser around .48 - .55 and maybe he was folding to this bet!

i make the same mistake all the time :) i dont want to raise very big so everyone folds but it looks that its better to win small and play it right than loss and say why i did not raise bigger!!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No point to Check the turn. :D What do we want to see on river? Any will just kill the action while he could still call even with overpairs TP or whatsoever hands.