This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH cbet?

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      time for 2/3 barells vs reg?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10.34)
      UTG ($28.09)
      UTG+1 ($14.97)
      Hero ($13.24)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) T:club: 2:club: K:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.70
  • 5 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I'd do c-bet and give up on most turns after.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Giving up here is a bit too weak, I would still CBet with my GS + overcard + fold equity most likely. Reg could mean anything, some regs are fit/fold, some do play back, some do float. :) So with the word reg I can't really expect to get a view of the opponent.

Best Regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wnbMG,

Giving up here is a bit too weak, I would still CBet with my GS + overcard + fold equity most likely. Reg could mean anything, some regs are fit/fold, some do play back, some do float. :) So with the word reg I can't really expect to get a view of the opponent.

Best Regards.
      He folds 46% to cbet...but I really don't expect here to fold right on flop other than low PP. I would bet multiple streets to fold everything but K probably. And there is also a lot of draws which would't fold on flop/river.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      I would c-bet too the board is drawy but stiil i would go for a seccond barrell and then give it up if you put him on a king rather than an Ace like an AT hand then i think you should give yourself outs for an Ace to since im not seeing your reg flat calling preflop with AK.

As played is it a terrible mistake to call his bet on the flop coach ? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He folds 46% to cbet...but I really don't expect here to fold right on flop other than low PP. I would bet multiple streets to fold everything but K probably. And there is also a lot of draws which would't fold on flop/river.

Well, we can still consider even 2nd barreling against that kind of guy, but if we choose to Check then of course it's a Check/Fold. Although there are a lot of 2nd barrel cards for us. :) Even the J.

As played is it a terrible mistake to call his bet on the flop coach ?

Of course. We don't really want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher on such a board and we can't even be sure what's gonna happen on turn&river where he could be easily 2nd barreling. We most likely wont get our implied odds and we don't know what outs are clean.