This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4, In position with 77 on dry flop

• Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.86
      MP1:
      $4
      Hero:
      $4.35

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:heart: , 7:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.50) T:heart: , 5:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.32, Hero...

Whats the best line to take in this spot? I could just fold and give up as I didn't hit my set, but I think I could have the best hand a lot here as he's going to cbet this board a with anything. But if I just call I can get taken to value town by a ten or overpair if it bricks the turn and river. Based on that could I raise and try to take it down?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Scooney,

Well, I doubt that raising would bring a lot here. Doubt he would fold any overpairs/pairs here. Rather just Call if anything at all if you think that he CBets with so wide range here into multiway pot.

Best Regards.
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      I guess my thinking is that if I make a smallish raise, I find out then and there what sort of shape I'm in, even if I just get worse hands to fold. This is how the hand played out:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.86
      MP1:
      $4
      Hero:
      $4.35

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:heart: , 7:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16, SB folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.50) T:heart: , 5:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.14) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64.

River: ($2.42) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of tens (Qc Tc)
      Hero shows (7h 7d)

MP1 wins with a pair of tens (Qc Tc)

If I call the flop like I did, I don't think I can then fold the turn, and if he'd bet the river I don't think I could've gotten away from it then either.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      why not fold turn?

so fine, he may cbet bluff, but when he fires again on the turn you only beat bluff... and then you better have some read
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't do such raises as "find out where I stand". :D Just give it up on turn if he ain't even 2nd barreling that much.