This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tilt resistent?

• ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Guess what they had (Hint: I was ahead until the river.). I couldn't keep playing after this hand. (Wasn't the first beat. ;) )

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position
      SB
      BU
      CO

3/6 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      MP3 folds, CO calls, BU calls, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, BU calls, SB caps, Hero calls, CO calls, BU calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) 7:heart: , 8:spade: , 9:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BU raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, BU caps, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, BU raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, BU caps (All-In), SB calls.

River: (22.63 BB) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.63 BB
  • 10 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Something like 27s or KK?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      2 :spade: 3 :spade:
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Don't be afraid of the tilt. Embrace it.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      btw if this makes you tilt in FL read the psychology articles ;)
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      Lol Undercover82, that's just about the best advice on tilting I ever heard! :D

Can you please elaborate on the definition of embraceing it? Because I would really like to hear how you do it and what are the benefits of doing it. :tongue:
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      benfit is that you lose one weeks "work" in 10 minutes and its easier to earn cash back 2nd (3rd,4th,...100th) time because you hve more experience :D
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      Undercover82, maybe you could share some tips and tricks about embracing one's tilts in the psychology - self management part of the forum, because it is empty :D :P
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Ηow you apprehend my teachings is entirely up to you :D
      Tilt is a natural aspect of poker. You cant , or you shouldnt act like a robot.
      Usually when i lose a hand that tilts me i throw a few curses that make the entire building shake and then i am able to play on my natural game.
      So i embrace the tilt , i am unloading my anger and i move on ~~
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Something like 27s or KK?
      27s is no bad beat (Except of his nie preflop play but since most of the money went in posflop I don't care much about it.)

I have to admit that I wasn't sure who was aggressive preflop so yes it was KK. ;)

And no this alone won't make me tilt. There were several hands before. :D
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      Ηow you apprehend my teachings is entirely up to you :D
      Tilt is a natural aspect of poker. You cant , or you shouldnt act like a robot.
      Usually when i lose a hand that tilts me i throw a few curses that make the entire building shake and then i am able to play on my natural game.
      So i embrace the tilt , i am unloading my anger and i move on ~~
      and how are your neighbours 'embracing' you? :)