This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR QJo 08.11

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $2.54
      LP: $9.22
      CO: $4.79
      Hero (BTN): $10.11
      SB: $5.48
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $14.05
      UTG+1: $10.49
      MP: $5.90

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.55, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:diamond: T:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.50, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

River: ($3.74, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB raises to $3.76, Hero calls $1.76

Hero shows Q:heart: J:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 14%, Flop 5%, Turn 11%)
      SB shows K:diamond: K:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 86%, Flop 95%, Turn 89%)
      SB wins $10.70

SB player:

What do you think about this hand? I think that against full stack it would have been easy fold but in this situation I had to call just $1.76, it was so hard to fold. What to do on the river? Bet or take free showdown?
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: I would just cbet on the flop here. We have position and we are HU even though villain is only folding 60% of the time. We would cbet here with all our TX and JJ+ as well, so I think it is good for balancing also.

It is not the best board texture to cbet but as said above it does connect with our percieved range.

Turn: As played I think a raise/call on the the turn is overplayed since he will only show up with better and fold out worse. We can't really expect him to DB/call on the turn with 8/9/Tx :diamond:

So I think we are either way ahead of weaker pairs and draws or way behind sets, 2pr and made flushes on the turn. So calling is correct IMO, plus we have :diamond: draw to go with it.

River: I think we have to bet for value on the river vs QX, 2pr's and sets, some weaker flushes and we are getting like 5:1 and I think we only need something like 15% equity on the river after our bet:

1.76/(3.74+2.00+3.76+1.76) = 1.76/11.26 = 0.15*100 = 15%

so its kinda close quity wise, depends if he's capable of check raising the river for "value" with sets and 2prs. I would imagine a call is fine here though mostly. Will be interested to see whhat veriz has to say.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Flop: Most likely I'd also rather Check behind vs loose player who is most likely not going to Check behind. Doubt we are making any PPs/pairs/draws to fold neither even overcards sometimes.

As played
      Turn: Not much you can do it differently. Raising would be overplayed he wouldn't Call with a lot worse and the same time would give him hard time Calling with Tx or whatsoever smaller PPs.
      River: Well, I doubt that he is ever bluffing here, neither I doubt that he is raising with sets or anything similar. Most likely it's towards flush. But while 2 better flushes possible already the question rather lies how much is he willing to pay with a lot worse. I'd consider maybe even betting ~$1,50 and then we would be also able to fold our hand. But as played well, really close, do we really beat anything? :D Doubt he would even raise with T.

Best Regards.