This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AQo IP

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4,66
      MP2:
      $3,44
      Hero:
      $4,41

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,16, MP2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,62) Q:club: , 7:diamond: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,29, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,29.

Turn: ($1,20) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,57, Hero calls $0,57.

River: ($2,34) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,88, Hero calls $0,88.

Final Pot: $4,10

what do you think? I didn't raise his donk bet on flop cause i thought that might scare smaller queens out
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

It's actually kinda close on the river while he even 3rd barrel there. Do you think he is capable of block-betting his Qx hand there? If you think so then Calling for the given odds is totally fine, which of course could even happen that he does.

Most likely I wouldn't raise the flop either, we might just isolate against very strong hands. And not give him room to continue with worse.

Best Regards.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      Actually I was putting him on the Qx and most likely he was betting for value, and he did have a Queen, unfortunately for me, with a King as a kicker though :)