This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Aj

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.26)
      BB ($28.25)
      Hero ($10.90)
      UTG+1 ($2.10)
      CO ($16.49)
      BTN ($15)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) 2:spade: J:heart: 9:diamond:

BB bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85

TURN ($2.55) 2:spade: J:heart: 9:diamond: 5:diamond:

BB bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55

RIVER ($7.65) 2:spade: J:heart: 9:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $4.60, Hero calls $4.60

53/8/2.7
      bet OOP 61
      bet OOP turn 67 (3)
      hands 113

note: bet pot on QTx one color flop, fold to raise

He has many bluffs in his range, so I call down.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Nah, I am not a huge fan of hero-calling here unless I expect him to overplay his TP the same way. By just knowing that he has done a pot size bet and fold to a raise we can't do much. Do you really expect him also to continue with pot size bet with a lot weaker hands? The only hope here is that we really see him having Jx hands also in his range which we beat. I might even make a crying fold on the turn.

But of course if you Call the turn then there is no way we are folding on river.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      He had A4o :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      He had A4o :D
      Well, I don't care what he had. Practically here comes into handy table dynamics not that veriz read now what he had. :D Table dynamics is way whole different story than just taking a look at few stats you point out. Sometimes I am really surprised why people think that they did hero-calls like this and think they made really good play while even not understanding how or why they did that. As I said you have to put the opponent on weaker Jx or bluffs to play this hand profitable and if you do then sure your play is fine.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Yeah, I did put him on a bluff, but was not sure if I can do that. I knew he is capable of bluffing, but haven't seen this exact line by him (pot flop, pot turn, 1/2 river). But maybe I don't have to see the exact line to put him on a bluff. Maybe its enought to know that he is capable of bluffing, and also bet pot flop and turn somehow looks weird. If they have monsters, they often have a leak to slowplay them istead of heavy value betting. His line just looked like a nonsense and of course I beat weaker jacks and he could value bet them like this - pot bets for protection and on the river there is nothing to protect, so the bet is smaller.