This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AJs

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.19
      MP2:
      $1.02
      Hero:
      $2.54
      BU:
      $2.88

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , J:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.09, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.34) T:heart: , 6:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, SB folds, Hero calls $0.22.

Turn: ($1.22) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.58, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.22

Everything looks fine to me, until that minraise on the flop. I can call it, because i get great odds. On the turn he bets half pot, so odds aren't that great anymore, and now, even if I hit I won't have nuts so I folded.
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi staktas!

Yup, not much to add, I think it was a nice hand. Re-raising the flop doesn't make much sense at these limits and you are indeed getting great odds for a call. Since you don't hit on the turn it's an easy check/fold - both because the board paired and because even if you hit you only have one more street to extract value and you are out of position... so nice fold.