This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK played wrong?

• deafmute
      deafmute
      Global
      0.05/0.10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , K:spade: . SB posts a blind of $0.10.
      BB folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, MP3 calls, 3 folds.

Flop: (19.00 SB) J:diamond: , Q:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls.

Turn: (29.00 BB) 6:club:
      River: (29.00 BB) 4:heart:

Final Pot: 29.00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Kc, Ks ]
      MP3 shows [ Qh, Qc ]
      MP3 wins the pot ($3.50) with three of a kind, Queens.

Should I have known he caught trips based off his raise?

edit: I was pretty much going in no matter what since I am strictly following the SSS right? Also, I was supposed to bet 2/3 pot post flop.
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      Have you played fixed limit hold'em? I'm afraid a term 'short stack strategy' refers to no limit only...

But looking at the amounts of money in pot I can say you played rather SSS :) . Do something with the converter please, possibly tell him to post stacks in future.

And at the hand:

I can't see how much you beted on the flop. But if you only had 10 BB's left (and it looks like you did) it was an instant all-in.

Still, there was absolutely nothing that explains a fold in this spot. It was just a bad luck.
    • deafmute
      deafmute
      Global
      oh it was NL10 I am not sure why it says Fixed Limit. Thanks though.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      push flop, I guess
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      next time post bet sizes couse otherwise we can't discuss the quaility of your choices...

If I don't know villain (some of my "buddys" raise me just when they hold nuts:D ) I will go broke here...so many hands villain could have and you beat it (QA,JA,draws,...)