This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5: AA on a scary flop

• Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Hello, this is my first post here at pokerstrategy.com. :)
      I'm doubting if I made the right play over here.

=====================

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position
      MP2
      MP1

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , A:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.23.

Flop: ($0.86) Q:heart: , J:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP1 raises to $1.76, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.12

===========

Any comments please?
  • 3 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      With scary flop like that you should raise more on flop. I think folding was right here because I see him calling with AK, but ofcourse in those limits I'm not sure.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      I basically fold because of the stats i have on him( VP$IP%/PFR%/ total hands, 8/4 over 160 hands. )and his utg raise.

So when he bet preflop I put him on the range TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AKs because of his very tight stats. And with KK he would have problably reraised me allin preflop.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi diedobal!

First of all: Welcome at PokerStrategy! I hope you enjoy it here.

Concerning your hand: Excellent analysis. That's exactly why you should fold to a check/raise here. I would have played it the same except from the flop bet. I would have bet slighly more here (~$0.65).

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81