MP1 TheB***4 ($10)
      MP2 Hero ($9.70)
      CO Snno***7 ($3.56)
      BTN Phil***8 ($2.57)
      SB acce***9 ($5.86)
      BB BATM***10 ($4.62)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is MP2 A:heart: Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BATM***10 calls $0.30

Flop: K:diamond: 6:diamond: J:heart: ($0.85, 2 players)
      BATM***10 checks, Hero bets $0.57, BATM***10 calls $0.57

Turn: Q:diamond: ($1.99, 2 players)
      BATM***10 checks, Hero bets $1.33, BATM***10 calls $1.33

River: 6:heart: ($4.65, 2 players)
      BATM***10 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $4.65

Check behind turn?
      And what would be river play then?
  • 2 replies
    • Chenghao
      depending on villian , i would cbet if his fold to cbet is more then 60 % , this is kinda drawy board and since you hit neither of the cards , chances are he hit either the K or the J and isn't folding unless a significant stack of his chips are at risk.

on the turn , what does he have that can call PF and F ?

the Flush got there , the gutshot got there , the 2 pr got there.

whethere i cbet Flop or not , i would check turn behind as i have showdown value.

if i checked the F and T , the river i won't call more then a PSB , and then even when i call , i call not to really win the hand , but more to gain information about how he plays and change how i play based on how he plays.
    • MaestroOfZerg

C-betting the flop is okay as long as you don't expect to get check/raised too often. You can get called by random draws that you're actually ahead of as well as pairs like Jx that you have overcards against, so it's never bad to c-bet per se. If you do expect to get check/raised a lot, it's probably better to check back the flop and try to hit a piece, you do have 3 outs to the absolute nuts as well as big cards, no reason to force the action and maybe be forced to fold the best hand against players who are check/raise machines.

As played on the turn it's an easy check back, again especially against guys who are a bit spazzy, like people who are looking at a hand like JdTx and feel like they hit a monster even tho it sucks on that board, getting check/raised off your Qx+gutshot is awkward. The only way you could get value there would be against huge calling stations capable of calling again with any pair any diamond any gutshot, since they'll also show up with pretty much every Kx hand in the deck and it's hard to make up for that.

River is fine. Players bad enough to call with the river against with Jx/Qx usually are good enough to valuebet Kx either, so again you'll valuecut yourself a lot in the process, which coupled with the times they're slowplaying usually means it's not worth the attempt.

Hope it helps.