$3,91
      MP3:
      $10,07
      CO:
      $4,57
      Hero:
      $8,48

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB folds, BB raises to $0,70, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,47) K:club: , 6:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,8, BB calls $0,80.

Turn: ($3,07) J:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,07) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,55, Hero raises to $3,80, BB calls $1,95 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Js Jd)
      BB shows a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Ks)

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Ks)

The reason i called preflop was that i was raising his blinds quite often, so i thought that he was restealing. When he checked, i thought that he was really just restealing and so i decided to turn my hand into a bluff and bet. (i didnt bet much because i thought that it would be enough to get him off his hand, if he had air) Turn was a great card (well, not really...) for me, putting him on a hand like AQs..
  • 5 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,71
      BB:
      $5
      UTG2:
      $5,86
      MP1:
      $9,4
      MP2:
      $3,91
      MP3:
      $10,07
      CO:
      $4,57
      Hero:
      $8,48

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB folds, BB raises to $0,70, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,47) K:club: , 6:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,8, BB calls $0,80.

Turn: ($3,07) J:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,07) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,55, Hero raises to $3,80, BB calls $1,95 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Js Jd)
      BB shows a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Ks)

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Ks)

The reason i called preflop was that i was raising his blinds quite often, so i thought that he was restealing. When he checked, i thought that he was really just restealing and so i decided to turn my hand into a bluff and bet. (i didnt bet much because i thought that it would be enough to get him off his hand, if he had air) Turn was a great card (well, not really...) for me, putting him on a hand like AQs..
      if he wants to resteal , won't he cbet the flop ?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Not necessarily.. some players just give up after you call them preflop. They feel like they have done enough to get rid of you so they just c/f..
      Some players on NL5 have also never heard of cbetting.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Not necessarily.. some players just give up after you call them preflop. They feel like they have done enough to get rid of you so they just c/f..
      Some players on NL5 have also never heard of cbetting.
      so if this villain isn't aware even of cbetting , i doubt he would be aware of restealing ( stealing is to open first from CO / BTN or SB while restealing is to raise knowing a person is stealing)

when you hit your miracle card on the turn , its hard not to go broke. Especially when it completes a possible flush draw ( which might be what he called flop with )

a better play would be to check back the flop . If you bet and he check raises ?

you will lose value from hands like 77s - TTs . which u might have gotten value from the turn and river as he would perceive you checking behind to mean you don't have the King
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I wasnt sure how much of a retard he was.. i mean, if you raise someones blind every other orbit, even the biggest donk in the world must be thinking "He cant have a hand everytime, can he? I'm gonna raise then. Oh shit he called, omg omg i have to give up, i dont wanna commit anymore money here."

But yeah, checking behind would be better, i agree.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would likely played the same way
      JJ should be strong enough to 3-bet pf and since he may c/c flop with worse hands, like TT and would likely c/f hand like AQ I don´t mind b/f flop
      Turn check is fine as also river shove. Just a cooler