Stack
      SB:
      $18,22
      Hero:
      $10,58
      MP3:
      $18,11

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 6:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,40, 2 folds, SB calls $0,35, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,20) A:heart: , 9:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,9, Hero ?(

I don't like calling because if MP3 has an ace he'll raise. But raise is worse, because against 2 the fold equity is low. Should I just call and don't worry about MP3?
  • 2 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      if u want to fold @ this spot , fold preflop

since you called preflop , you call to hit this sort of flop.
      its an ugly spot as by calling , you do not close the flop action.
      it costs you 0.90 to win a $2.10 pot with full stacks behind. Possibly if MP3 calls , that would make it cheaper for you to.

you have little info about mp3 behind , only knowing his the pre flop aggressor.
      if you call and preflop aggressor raises , then SB calls , you have to reevaluate at that point if its worth it to go . you then have to worry why did SB led out and then flat a raise , does he play his flushes this way ?

so if you do hit the heart , it might not be good as there are so many hearts out that that are better.

to rep something big , raise the donk bet by SB , this might drive the MP3 out as its very strong and he might fold something like TT - KK to your aggression. or random paint cards. ( KQJT combos)

you have too little information about both SB and MP so i suggestion preflop folding would be the best
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also call on the flop
      Don´t think MP3 is really going to raise there with air or even just Ax hand, since Sb lead seems quite strong and you definitely have implied odds if you hit your flush on the turn
      You can call, fold or squeeze pf, but then you really have to be able also make some decisions postflop, since you don´t really hit two pair+ enough times to play for stacks. So if you don´t really know what to do most of the times, fold is likely better