This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4, 2 pairs on turn - should I call all-in?

• eqlipt
      eqlipt
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($0.10)
      UTG+1 ($6.02)
      MP1 ($1.40)
      MP2 ($0.86)
      CO ($0.84)
      Button ($3.57)
      Hero (SB) ($2.09)
      BB ($1.54)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9
      6 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.18) 8, A, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, BB calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.64) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, BB raises to $1.15 (All-In)

I'm studying SSS and playing tight. Haven't seen my opponent in action much and I assume he is also playing tight. Any comment on what I should've done in this situation is welcome.
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey eglipt,

Welcome to the SSS forums!

Preflop and flop c-bet are well played. However, you only have trash hand on the flop, because you can't really consider your hand 2-pair because one pair is already on the board for you and your opponent thus you have a pair with one overcard.

On the turn I would prefer to just give up because if opponent called your c-bet on this dry board he is not very likely to give up his hand to a second barrel, so just save the money for a better spot and check/fold all the way.

As played, betting turn again might be ok because a K is a scare card, but after opponent shoves you have to fold because there's no worse hand opponent will shove there except a bluff.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • eqlipt
      eqlipt
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! and yes, I've folded